Important notes

All drawings appearing in this blog are done by me, unless otherwise stated.
All my contents can be reposted wherever you want, I just ask for a proper link back.
All pictures are resized, to see them bigger just click on them.
Thanks for stopping by and come back soon!

Friday, July 16, 2010

Have you ever painted with oils?

I have. Once. Didn't like the outcome at all.
But that was like 6 years ago or so? So I wanted to try again. Mainly because I still have the oils (maybe they're not usable anymore though D: that would suck).
And why that change of mind you ask? My dad's birthday is in less than two weeks, and I wanted to give him something I know he'll like (he's been asking me to paint him something for a while...).
He hasn't asked for anything especific though, so I'm going to recreate a picture I took of him while he was in the middle of a race. Doing the horse with his boat... tsk

So, this is my dad! Tehee With his humm catalan skate? XD that's the translation I got... It's a boat more little than a catamaran, but more or less are the same.
He likes the sea as much as I do! He just explores it "overwater" while I do it underwater. He has a licence to drive (are boats driven??) boats while I'm an OWD.
I took this pictures while he was doing a race with his friends, they do that every Saturday (in summer, of course).

And because of all that, I'm going to try and paint him a canvas out of that pic and some more I have on my computer 8D wish me luck"

This year, I want to try to learn how to drive it. It looks like so much fun! And when he has an appointment on Saturdays and can't go to the race, I'll go in his place! bwahah xD

This is the sketch for the painting. I don't know what to do with the background. Leave it blue-everything you can see is the sea and the sky with a few clouds or as in the first pic, draw all the houses, the beach, etc
I'll probably do the first. Blue+blue looks easier to paint XD Plus, oils aren't my favorite technique, so I'll leave complex backgrounds for when I'm a little better with them.


Also, we (dad and I) were talking about if I could learn to drive his boat, and he said I could learn windsurf. He even said he'd pay for the classes!
I've never had much interest for windsurf, but of course I said yes! haha new things are always cool.


Bwahah can you picture me doing windsurf? Me neither, but I'm sure it will be a lot of fun!